SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR EQUIPMENT
products can be used whenever information on shaft speed, position,
completed revolutions, etc. is
required, for indication, control, interlocking, alarm
'Rotation Monitoring Solutions!'
Shaft Encoders, Speed Relays and Vibration Sensors, UK
The “Rotech” range of Shaft Monitoring Equipment is comprised of a range of Motion Sensors/Encoders and associated Speed Relays.
The Heavy Duty Shaft Sensor is manufactured and then installed on the end of the shaft being monitored and sends an electrical signal proportional to the speed of the shaft to a suitable control unit.
The control unit can be a “Rotech” Speed Relay, a Programmable Controller, a Computer, Data Logger device or other proprietary control equipment.
The alarm level of the control unit is set to just below the normal running speed of the shaft.
In the event of the shaft slowing below the set level, the control unit operates and can be connected to give an alarm to the operator and/or shutdown preceding items of plant.
Wherever materials are transported or processed by Conveyors, Elevators, Screws, Crushers, Mixers etc. there are applications for “Rotech” Motion Sensors/Encoders.
Food, Grain, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Sand, Stone, Cement, Ore, Coal, Ash, in Factories, Quarries, Mines, Power Utilities, and Dock Installations are all excellent examples.
A single conveyor may run for long periods without any problems, but not forever, the day arrives when it starts to slip or slow down and unless action is taken quickly to switch off the conveyor, crusher or plant that feeds it then a major spillage can occur.
In a large plant with many conveyors and drives the potential for problems is multiplied by every additional drive element.
The costs of clearing up a spillage are not simply the costs of a man with a shovel, this is the tip of the iceberg, and they can include:
• Damaged belts (Conveyor & Drive, “V”, Flat, Etc.).
• Damaged Plant & Machinery.
• Mechanical Diggers, Front Loaders, Etc. to clear up Grain, Sand, Stone, Ore, Coal, Etc.
• Contamination to Food, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, products, resulting in rejection and waste.
• Whilst these costs can be considerable, they can be minor compared to the real cost.
• The REAL COST is the loss in Production, Throughput and Revenue whilst cleaning up.
• Hundreds, even Thousands of Pounds can be lost for every hour a plant us not producing product
“Rotech' manufacture and supply Motion Sensors/ Encoders that provide simple, low cost, high reliability protection against these problems.